Monday, August 5, 2013

Sagada Adventure: Checking-in at Canaway and Lunch at Masferre's

After a total of 12 hours from Manila, we finally arrived in Sagada. We went directly to our accommodation, the Canaway Resthouse.



 The Canaway owner met us outside and told us that the people occupying the room we're supposed to stay in haven't check out yet. She asked us if it's okay with us to take a rest in a different room while waiting for those people to check out. We agreed. So, she guided us up to the 4th floor. She opened the door and showed us the room. It was a big room with 3 beds in it and a private bathroom. It's actually much better than what I expected.

The owner left us and we decided to take a short rest.  My parents looked so tired so I let them take a nap.

Then we decided to walk around to look for something to eat. We found 2 or 3 restaurants along the way but they were closed. So, I decided to ask a woman in the store. She asked me, "What kind of restaurant are you looking for? Expensive? Cheap?" I smiled and and replied, "Any." So she pointed up to a group of small buildings. I thanked her and we followed the direction she pointed. We stopped in front of Masferre Country Inn and Restaurant.



I asked my husband if he wants to try to eat there. He said "Yes." So we entered. There's no one inside except a middle aged woman. I asked her if they serve lunch. She nodded, which means yes. So we started looking for seats. The woman came with the menu. I ordered deep fried chicken for my parents and deep fried milk-fish for myself. My husband ordered beef adobo. My parents and I ordered Sprite while my husband ordered Masferre Sagada Goat's Milk for drinks.

While waiting for our orders. I looked around. Masferre is a pretty cozy restaurant and it has that peaceful ambiance every tourist is looking for. You'll see a lot of photos taken by the Father of Philippine Photography, Eduardo Masferre hanging on the wall.
Waiting for our orders...
After a long wait, our orders arrived. The fried chicken and milk-fish looked really crispy. And the smell was really good. hmmm yummy...Beef adobo looked great too..Here are some photos I took.


Beef Adobo
Deep Fried Milk-fish
Deep fried chicken

 

     
And my husband's little commercial for Masferre Sagada Goat's Milk....hehe..My husband's first try of goat's milk.


 








We enjoyed our meal. We paid our bill and headed back to our accommodation. We rested and prepared ourselves for the first part of our Sagada Tour....

                                 

>>>>>>>To be continued>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment